Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall Break is such a tease don't you think?

There is a reason the words Spring Break conjure up images in your head of fun in the sun, hanging out with friends and doing things you wouldn't want your children to know of when they are your age. None of those however come into mind when you hear the words Fall break. And there's one basic reason - Fall break is a tease!
You get two lousy days off and all that makes for is a long weekend. And if you're like me, you don't even get the two whole days off, because one of your schools doesn't believe in Fall break! In the meantime, all your instructors load you up with assignments because, after all, you're supposed to have so much more "free time this week"! And your manager at work expects you to pick up more hours since you don't have your morning classes those two days!
So while the mid - semester crunch is building up, and I feel like I'm about to pull out my hair, everyone around me seems to be talking excitedly about the plans they have for this week. All I can think is, I'm going to need a break when I get back from Fall break. But things aren't altogether too bleak. In my last post I'd promised to be a bit cheerier, so here's the one good thing that's happening - I've decided to get a dog over Christmas break. Not quite sure what kind yet, but I know I'm going to have so much fun getting everything ready. And I'll keep you guys updated with the puppy posts.

No comments: