Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Am I paranoid or is their a turkey stalking me?

If I hadn't mentioned before, I work as a Pharmacy Intern at CVS. Last shift, I walked in and the entire store seemed engulfed in orange! Mind you, this was still September. However, the candy aisles are overflowing, there are orange and purple decorations arching over every end-cap, and motion-sensing skeletons say stuff as I walk by. We're just a month away from Halloween, so I understood, until I turned the corner, and there were hundreds of turkey themed greeting cards in the card aisle, not fifteen feet away from the first of the Christmas/Advent/Hannukah stuff is already dangling!!!
If a whole bunch of people live from paycheck to paycheck, I think a whole bunch of merchandisers live from holiday to holiday! What happened to anxiously waiting for next thanksgiving? And the idea the Christmas comes but once a year? And since when do we give Thanksgiving presents? Alright, so I'm starting to rant a little, but I spent the entire shift feeling like all this rushing from one holiday to another just so an early shopper or two don't end up perusing some other store's aisles just seems to cheapen the ideas behind these events and what they actually stand for.
Alright, stepping off my soap box (for now). I promise to post something cheerier next time.

No comments: